The Meeting Place in Tobermory welcomes volunteers of all ages. We need volunteers who are socially conscious, believe in change and want to make a difference in their community.
Contact us if you want a deeper connection with your community.
Areas of need for volunteers at TMP:
- Volunteer for the Good To Go Guided Meal Program, a food secuirty program for everyone
- Learn to ‘Animate’ NP CoWork space @ TMP and provide a welcoming and comfortable work space
- Become a Food Bank volunteer and support capacity building for those who struggle with food security
- Fitness, dance, sport’s night programs can always use enthusiastic assistants who can champion health and well being
- New board members are needed and will be well supported and mentored in this important role
- Love dogs? Be a dog park monitor making sure our new off leash dog park works for everyone
Did you know that 14 voluntary groups and organizations surveyed in the Northern Bruce reported an estimated 112 unfilled volunteer positions in April, 2018. Let’s close the gap.
We know a little about the Impact of Volunteers in rural Ontario and right here in Tobermory:
- Half of rural volunteers volunteer in multiple organizations
- Cross pollination of people, ideas, opportunities make more resilient organizations
- Alliances among volunteers and organizations keep doors of opportunity and collaboration open; create efficiencies
- Monitoring the need for volunteers can identify need and gaps
- Volunteers can be leaders in change; act independently; be bold