The Meeting Place in Tobermory welcomes volunteers of all ages and the millennials are especially welcome to check us out. We need volunteers who are socially conscious, believe in change and will give their all. That’s what we do at TMP.
Contact us if you want a deeper connection with your community.
Areas of need for volunteers at TMP:
- Join in as activity support for SOAR after school and Youth adventures
- Become a Food Bank volunteer and support capacity building for those who struggle with food security
- Fitness, dance, sport’s night programs can always use enthusiastic assistants who can champion health and well being
- New board members are needed and will be well supported and mentored in this important role
- Love dogs? Be a dog park monitor making sure our new off leash dog park works for everyone
Did you know that 14 voluntary groups and organizations surveyed in the Northern Bruce reported an estimated 112 unfilled volunteer positions in April, 2018. Let’s close the gap.
We know a little about the Impact of Volunteers in rural Ontario and right here in Tobermory:
- Half of rural volunteers volunteer in multiple organizations
- Cross pollination of people, ideas, opportunities make more resilient organizations
- Alliances among volunteers and organizations keep doors of opportunity and collaboration open; create efficiencies
- Monitoring the need for volunteers can identify need and gaps
- Volunteers can be leaders in change; act independently; be bold